Senior AIX and Linux Engineer
*Can be located in Alpharetta, GA or Arden Hills, MN*
Prestigious Engineer is seeking a Senior IT Engineer - UNIX/Linux who is strong in AIX and Linux and will be responsible to ensure the planning, selection, build, and maintenance of high quality technology solutions that meet defined and emerging business capability needs in a cost effective way. Partners with IT Security Analysts and Enterprise Architects to establish, understand, and adhere to technical and IT security standards. Involved in all aspects of the technology life cycle to ensure that non-functional and functional requirements are adhered to in design and build so solutions are stable, secure, resilient, and perform well. Ensures that systems are maintained and supported to run effectively in production.
- Design, build, implement, and support COMPANY's IT solutions.
- Ensure IT solutions meet requirements for security, availability, capacity, resiliency, and performance in a way that is efficient and supportable, reducing overall support costs.
- Understand industry leading solutions and trends for assigned technologies and applying those as appropriate for COMPANY.
- Understand business needs and partnering with appropriate IT counterparts to recommend technology solutions.
- Establish and maintain an IT multi-year strategy with a focus on continuous improvement. Create and maintain solutions architecture artifacts and other strategy and system documentation.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, Master's degree and at least 6 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience OR, At least 10 years of experience in information technology and 1 year lead experience.
- AIX 6/7, Solaris 10+, Current in Linux
- OS Tier 3 support, plus:
- Experienced in OS patching
- OS Scripting experience
- Server building/deployment
- RedHat 6/7
- Hadoop experience
- Knowledge in Bladelogic or SCCM software
- Database familiarity for supporting DBA team
- Oracle 10 LDAP support