$12 - $14 / hour
To perform welding operations on automatic MIG and robotic welding machines to weld a limited variety of standard and repetitive work. Prepare and position fixtures prior to welding operation.
- Operate both automatic MIG welding and robotic welding machines to weld parts which are standardized and where the operation is repetitive.
- Prepare and position fixtures prior to welding and preassemble small mechanical units or components having a limited number of parts prior to placing on welding machine.
- Assists with set up of fixtures and/or mechanical feeds and safety devices as needed.
- May check work visually during the operation or by using basic inspection instruments on parts during production as directed by the routing or work order.
- Be alert to any malfunction of machine or problem with weld quality so production can be stopped prior to producing scrap or incurring damage to the machine or fixtures.
- Ensure finished parts are placed in correct container.
- Report labor hours by entering information correctly in terminal.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are performed in the Auto-Weld Department
- Comply with all applicable safety and environmental regulations and requirements.
- Understand that every employee has the right and obligation to stop production and contact a Leadperson or Supervisor immediately if they deem it to be unsafe and/or if they have any quality concerns.
- Complete jobs to customer specifications in a timely manner
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area at all times.
- Understand and adhere to Capitol Stampings Quality policies, procedures and requirements.
- Watch and anticipate potential problems with equipment, work flow, materials or parts within the Welding Department and be proactive with solutions.
- Some high school or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to understand simple blueprints and/or specifications.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Six to twelve months of repetitive weld or production machine operation experience.
- Some QC and inspection experience using basic inspection tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with coworkers and supervisors.
- Must have and wear protective gear designated for the Department and job.
- Must be able to stand for all or most of a regular work shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
At DMJW, our Recruiters have over 30+ years combined experience in both the agency and corporate recruiting worlds, specializing in almost every industry!.