Excellent opportunity to work for a local organization! If you are an experienced Environmental Health, Safety and Training Coordinator, we have the position for you. The environmental Safety/Health Coordinator will develop, implement and maintain environmental programs, policies and procedures for the organization that are in line with overall company goals. Maintain on-going compliance with Federal State and Local environmental governmental agencies. The training coordinator will develop and implement specific training programs for employees that will include Safety, Health Environmental, 5S, Best Practices, Leadership, CNC Machining, Inspection and New Process Development:
- Experience professional able to work with minimal guidance or direction from others.
- Has in depth knowledge of the discipline and role of an EH&S and Training Professional.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating new and pending EH&S regulations and requirements for the facility.
- Keep abreast of regulatory programs and communicate impacts to management.
- Plans, organizes directs and controls assigned activities related to the EH&S of the workplace and assures full compliance with all local, state and federal environmental regulations and laws.
- Working with management and employees, has the overall responsibility for ensuring a safe and compliant workplace.
- Work with federal, state and local regulatory agencies to maintain compliance.
- Prepare and submit assigned regulatory agencies to maintain compliance.
- Prepare and implement employee training on Right-To-Know, Prop 65, Hazardous Waste, Chemical Waste Management and Workplace Ergonomic Studies, Health, Accident Investigation, 5S Best Practices, Leadership, CNC Machining, Inspection and New Process Development.
- Liaison between all EH&S and Training Requirements and line Managers
- Management of all EH&S programs and issues to ensure the protection of employees from industrial accidents, occupational and environmental health hazards, and fire.
- High School diploma and BA/BS degree with 1-2 years exp. in Environmental Engineering or Occupational Safety or Hazardous Waste related field and Training Coordinator.
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of both Federal and California OSHA Standards and Safety methods.
- Experience in developing Job Hazard Analysis, Ergonomic Studies, Hazardous waste and Chemical management, accident investigations, occupational safety and Training programs.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills, sense of urgency and accountability to address, handle and resolve issues promptly
- Must be safety conscious, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and meet deadlines.
Sage Staffing was founded in Santa Clarita in 1987. We were one of the first locally owned and operated staffing firms to be established here.
Our client list soon included some of the area’s best organizations, such as Princess Cruises, Newhall Land and Farming, the City of Santa Clarita, U.S. Borax, Cal Arts and College of the Canyons. This solid foundation gave us the ability to expand into the Antelope Valley with a second office in Palmdale.
Sage is now trusted by over 2,500 companies in the Santa Clarita, Antelope and San Fernando Valleys. Candidates and clients throughout the area know they can rely on us for a remarkable hiring experience.
Our mission is to be the most referred administrative/office staffing firm in the Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys. We accomplish this by offering our candidates and clients a remarkable hiring experience.
You need the best people to achieve the best results – we get it. That’s why we put so much care into the little details that make just the right match.