Scheels is currently seeking a Full-Time Cashier for our Overland Park, Kansas location. This individual will quickly process accurate and efficient sales transactions while providing excellent customer service by greeting and thanking customers and responding to their requests. This position will represent Scheels in a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable manner to our customers and associates.
* Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance by providing exceptional customer service, greeting and acknowledging each customer, and being knowledgeable of store products and policies
* Accurately and efficiently process customer transactions to itemize and total customer purchases
* Records daily transactions to balance drawer by counting money at the beginning and end of each shift
* Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas
* Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise
* Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
* Excellent customer service skills
* Demonstrate strong organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and problem solving skills
* Ability to perform basic mathematical equations; perform operations using currency, measurements and understanding percentages
* Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures
* With or without accommodations, be able to sit, and/or stand, for extended periods of time
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to lift or move up to 25 lbs.
Education and Experience:
Ideal candidate will have one to three months of related training or experience.
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Average hours per week is 40 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefit package to include:
* Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Associate Discount
* Health & Dental Insurance
* Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Time Off
* Holiday Pay
* Maternity Leave
* Bereavement Leave
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scheels complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity, please complete our online application and attach your resume, or stop by our store at 6503 West 135th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66223 to complete a paper application.
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!