Job Description Responsible for obtaining materials from vendors at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need. This role will support the Global Perishables Seafood team at our Global Headquarters in Austin, Texas.
This job is part of our Merchandising evolution. Join us now in ATX!
Learn more at
* Studies market trends, interviews vendors, and recommends sources of supply. Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers, and schedules deliveries.
* Supports the product team's financial goals, product mix, business relationships and innovation needs.
* Supervises preparation of orders and follows up to expedite delivery and shipment, checks and approves invoices for orders placed and obtains certifications of delivery and conducts check against orders.
* Conducts negotiations of allowance level, management of promotion planning forms and strategic placement of promotions by period and category, srp/nte guidance, forecasting data for regional use, fees and timeframes.
* Maintains list of ongoing EDLC/EDV programs, reports on programs on a quarterly basis and integrate into promotions planning, as well as participates in analysis and negotiation of programs as needed .
* Reviews sku rats and data cubes, identifies acv gaps, analyzes data provided by the GDT and vendor partners, including top line info and deep dives, reviews previous launch history and effectiveness, develops product lifecycle analyses and creates top 5 category void and acv lists for regional use.
* Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
* Strong math, reading, analytical and deductive/inductive reasoning skills.
* Positive attitude, and excellent communication and follow up skills.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Knowledge of internet software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
* Typically requires 4 year degree or equivalent experience and 2-4 years of retail buying or purchasing experience.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
reports BACH_a33d1a and
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!