Job DescriptionThe Senior Director of Promotions and Merchandising will craft and deliver a full store promotional merchandising strategy in partnership with Senior Leaders, Merchants and Marketers.
The Senior Director of Promotions and Merchandising is responsible for developing, coordinating and measuring promotional plans for the Merchant Team. This position will support the objectives and financial goals of the Merchant Teams by integrating promotional plans and marketing tactics. This role will provide cross functional merchandising guidance on a weekly and periodic cadence. The Senior Director of Promotions and Merchandising will partner with Marketing, Finance, Non-perishables, Perishables and Culinary teams to deliver a targeted promotional merchandising program that drives affinity acquisition and affinity transactions, product trial, basket size and category lift. The Senior Director of Promotions and Merchandising will collaborate with Marketing Leaders to ensure that marketing tactics are clearly articulated to all stakeholders. This position will partner closely with Merchant Teams to ensure that inventory demand planning aligns with promotional activity.
Will Do - Essential Functions
* Coordinate promotional offerings (TPRs, Endcaps, Company Space, Affinity Offers, Flyers, and other marketing tools) from all product groups to deliver a cohesive, customer focused weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and seasonal promotions program.
* Publish cross functional promotional merchandising guidance on a weekly and periodic cadence.
* Evaluate and improve effectiveness of marketing tools through coordination with promotions and competitive analytics teams in Merch Ops.
* Articulate and communicate promotional tools and tactics in partnership with Marketing Leaders.
* Conduct regular promotions planning meetings in partnership with Marketing & Merchandising Leaders.
* Manage and conduct weekly promotional coordination meetings with merchandising and marketing.
* Partner with Merchant Teams to align demand planning with promotional activity where needed.
* Partner with Merchant Teams to work within existing promotional budgets.
* Guide and support Regional Leaders to integrate local promotions planning within promotional budgets.
* Coordinate seamless data and systems set-up at all levels.
* Establish success metrics and weekly promotional performance reporting.
* Special projects as assigned.
* Co-manage Supplier Marketing Summit with Marketing to deliver coordinated packages for suppliers and driving funding for increased marketing.
Must Have - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* 5+ years Coordinator (Director) of Merchandising or Marketing experience.
* Proven track record of success as a cross functional leader, financial acumen and in depth knowledge of the natural food channel.
* Ability to comprehend, interpret and analyze correspondence, journals, Nielsen and/or IRI data, articles, financial reports, movement and margin reports. Demonstrated ability in analyzing data and formulate recommendations and action plans to business partners to achieve desired business results.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one interaction, meeting and group participation and presentation situations involving: Team Members, Team Leaders, Store/Facility Leadership, Regional and Global Leadership.
* Ability to create effective written correspondence and reports.
* Passion for food and the drive to achieve excellence.
* Excellent communication and team-building skills.
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!