Apria Healthcare is one of nation's leading providers of home healthcare products and services including respiratory therapy, sleep apnea therapy, non-invasive ventilation therapy, enteral nutrition therapy, negative pressure wound therapy and home medical equipment. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Apria owns and operates branch locations across the nation and serves more than 1.8 million patients each year. With over $1 Billion in annual revenues, Apria is one of the largest home healthcare companies in the United States. Apria was the first company of its type to obtain voluntary accreditation from The Joint Commission and has been continuously accredited for more than 25 years. For more information, visit .
Assists in the treatment and management of patients with clinical needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
* Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.
* Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
* May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
* Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
* Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
* Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
* Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for certain respiratory equipment
* Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
* Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
* Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
* Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
* Must be 21 years of age
* Meets company minimum standard of Background Check
Education and/or Experience
* Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto insurance per Apria policy. May be required to drive personal vehicle for patient home visits.
* Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Does not include RN or LPN clinicians.
* Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice (or states that the location covers) if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy.
* Hold a current CPR Certification.
* Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states of practice.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Ability to multi-task effectively.
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and electronically
* Successful completion of Apria's respiratory therapy orientation and competency evaluation program.
* Ability to use electronic hand held device
* Microsoft Office programs
* Basic printing/faxing/scanning
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
Education and/or Experience
* At least one year related experience is preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Bilingual (reading, writing, verbal)
PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable). Possible lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee is required to safely operate a motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
* There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
* Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
* General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
* During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
* During off site travel events the employee may be required to ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on deliveries and enter into patient homes.
* May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment or patients exposed to.
* Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
* Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair, material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup kits or equipment.
* May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special precautions and PPE.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!