CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Senior Global Relationship Manager implements effective strategies for long-term success by utilizing knowledge of the sales process and efficient selling techniques; applying time-management skills to planning and managing projects; continuously evaluating revenue targets; and ensuring time and resource investment to produce greater returns.
- Cultivates existing business relationships by managing the customer experience; contacting the customer proactively; ensuring customer satisfaction is met; positioning oneself as a key member in the client setting; utilizing negotiation skills and strategic relationship building; demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of contract vehicles; promoting a customer service focus within the team; maintaining relationships with new and existing contacts within an account; expanding relationships with clients and external partners; and developing, maintaining, and leveraging strong existing relationships.
- Establishes successful business relationships by seeking new business influencers within assigned territory; targeting line of business leadership to identify business challenges; fully understanding the customer's decision-making process; collaborating with vendors/partners to identify opportunity for new business; building adaptive relationships; maintaining a strong ability to teach the customer; tailoring conversations to their areas of interest; providing superior customer service; having a strong ability to control the conversation; and getting the client to commit to take action
- Researches accounts business drivers by understanding telecommunications; retaining knowledge of the sales industry; collaborating with specialists in support services; identifying critical factors aligned to the specific account; driving new business within the account; developing knowledge on competitors; navigates a complex set of tools and support structures
- Resolves problems/issues within accounts by methodically identifying customer issues/pains; being a primary point of contact; utilizing expertise in development of solutions; collaborating with internal resources; engaging the proper resources; and communicating the customer's report issue to the account team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 6 years direct Business to Business outside sales experience within a high tech and/or telecom industry calling on global enterprise-sized accounts.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to present in both small and large group settings.
- Must have a polished, professional presentation.
- Demonstrated stable track record of success in Sales.
- Experience developing, researching and presenting formal presentations to senior level management and other end users.
- Technical aptitude with proficiency with MS products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with local marketplace, companies and community in geography stated above.
- Valid Driver's License and satisfactory driving record is required.
Alternate Location: US-Georgia-Alpharetta; US-Georgia-Atlanta
Requisition # : 156318
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.