*Must be between 17 and 35 years old to apply*
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
- Be 17 to 35 years old
- Have no felonies
- Graduated High School with a Diploma or GED/ currently enrolled in High School as a senior
- Must be able to meet Height and Weight requirements for initial enlistment
- No tattoos on hands or above collar
- Commitment of 1 weekend per month and 2 weeks in the summer
The quartermaster and chemical equipment repairer are primarily responsible for supervising or performing maintenance on chemical equipment, quartermaster machinery, forced air-heaters and special purpose equipment.
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a quartermaster and chemical equipment repairer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 12 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in marine engine maintenance and repair.
Some of the skills you ll learn are:
- Starting Pay ranges from 23,617.56 to 29,483.88
- Medical for employee and family
- GI Bill (36 months of paid college)
- 4,000 a year for college tuition
- Fast promotion rate
- Free Housing/ or allowance for housing based on zip code