Job ID: 202261 RN Orthopedic PRN Rotating Nashville, Tennessee Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Title: RN - Orthopedic
City, State: Nashville,TN
Location: Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Orthopedics Unit 001
Additional Job Details: PRN Rotating, Minimum 7 shifts per four week schedule period. Minimum of three shifts must be weekend shifts per 4 week schedule period.
The RN - Orthopedic provides direct nursing care to orthopedic patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Recognizes common manifestations of musculoskeletal disorders and implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Identifies types of orthopedic surgery and performs appropriate preoperative management and nursing care.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: A. Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life.B. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life.C. Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.D. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.E. Creativity - Courageous Innovation.F. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Assesses and coordinates discharge planning needs with patient, family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses the physical and psychological status of patients, provides interventions/treatments and evaluates effectiveness of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and family and provides age-specific and culturally appropriate education. All other duties as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Clinical nursing experience within the past five (5) years preferred.
How To Apply
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension candidate care at 1- between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.