Nuclear Medicine North
PRN (FTE must be 0)
Flex - All Shifts/Combo of Shifts
Scheduled Days & Hours:
Requisition # 65043
* Nuclear Medicine North
* Flex-All Shifts/Combo of Shifts
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary - Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Performs nuclear medicine imaging and therapy in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
* Reviews patient history and physician's orders.
* Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
* Orders, prepares, administers, stores and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols and applicable regulations/standards.
* Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
* Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
* Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
* Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
* Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results.
* Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure.
* Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
* Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technologist program.
* Certified as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) or certified as a Technologist (RT) and certified in nuclear medicine (NM) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
#GD1 support BACH_a33d1a Association
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!