Job ID: 190153 RN - Cardiac Telemetry FT Days Monday- Friday Nashville, Tennessee Regular/Day
Additional Job Information
Title: RN - Cardiac Telemetry
City, State: Nashville,TN
Location: Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: Telemetry Nursing Unit 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Days
The RN - Cardiac Telemetry provides telemetry monitoring in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitors, reads, interprets and reports telemetry readings. Recognizes and corrects for artifacts.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Provides patient and caregivers/family members with education concerning the patient's plan of care, medications, activity restrictions and disease prevention.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: A. Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. B. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life. C. Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. D. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. E. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. F. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Administers cardiac intravenous medications based on established protocols under the direction of a physician(s).
- Assesses and coordinates discharge planning needs with patient, family, and members of the healthcare team. All other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates with participating healthcare providers to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition \"Compact State\" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Clinical nursing experience within the past 5 years preferred.
How To Apply
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension candidate care at 1-855-###-#### between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, cardiothoracic, neonatal, nurse clinical, recovery, registed, surgery, tcu, transitional