Join Ecolab's industry leading Equipment Care team as a Commercial Kitchen Service Technician
in the Chicago market. As a Service Technician
, you will become a trusted advisor to your customers by consistently delivering innovative solutions to predict and prevent kitchen equipment failure, contributing to the success of thousands of restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other commercial customers.What You Will Do:
- Partner with restaurant and hospitality managers to offer comprehensive service solutions for commercial cooking, refrigeration, warewashing, and other specialty food service equipment;
- Demonstrate your mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and ability to read diagrams and schematics;
- Drive your income through quarterly bonuses by meeting efficiency and productivity goals.
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year of technical experience with refrigeration, appliance repair, kitchen equipment, HVAC, or relevant military service;
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record;
- Willingness and ability to be involved with the emergency on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends;
- Availability for occasional overnight travel as assigned;
- Immigration sponsorship not provided for this role.
- Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA);
- Commercial refrigeration and/or commercial cooking equipment repair experience;
- Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
What's in it for You:
- Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull , reach, and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds;
- Ability to work with moving mechanical parts, pressurized steam equipment, open flames, heated surfaces, liquids, and risk of electrical shock in damp, humid, or freezing conditions;
- Ability to work on ladders, roofs, and in rare cases, high, precarious places.
- On-the-job training as well as ongoing training with the potential for advanced certifications;
- Receive a company service vehicle, fuel card, computer and cell phone for business use;
- Comprehensive benefits program including 401k, pension and paid time off with eligibility beginning upon start date;
- Independent work environment where you will plan your own schedule;
- Take charge of your career through growth opportunities including advanced technician and management positions.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit .
Follow us on Twitter , Facebook at facebook.com/ecolab or LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/ecolab .