Candidate for journeyman electrician positions must have a current and active Journeyman Electrician License issued from the State of Utah. Electrical construction experience is required. Candidates must have a working knowledge of journeyman level math and be proficient in reading, and writing.
Plan new or modified electrical installations to: minimize waste of materials, provide access for future
maintenance, avoid unsightly, hazardous, or unreliable wiring. Installations must be consistent with
specifications and local building and electrical codes. Have the ability to follow diagrams, schematics, and blueprints. Using proper electrical tools the candidate must be proficient in measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assemblies and electrical raceways. conduit or wire, using proper electrical tools. Have experience in pulling conductors through conduit using the necessary tools from a small fish tape to large wire pulling equipment. Connect wiring to lighting fixtures, connect power to mechanical and other equipment, and install grounding leads. Perform various electrical testing such as meggering, continuity, amperage, ohm, and voltage measurements of electrical circuits to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components. Perform troubleshooting procedures by observing functionality of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement. Have the ability to perform "lock out-tag out" procedures enabling the ability to safely repair faulty electrical equipment or systems. Minimum Qualifications Preferred:
• High school diploma orGED.
• Completion of a four-year certified apprenticeship program with an active Journeyman's license.
• Knowledge of electrical theory and its application.
• Knowledge of safety procedures applicable to working with and on electrical circuits.
• Knowledge of general industry safety procedures.
• Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and local electrical codes.
• Knowledge of electrical construction and maintenance practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems, such as indoor and outdoor lighting systems and timing devices.
• Skill in planning, designing, organizing, and executing electrical upgrade projects mandated by changing codes, regulations, and safety requirements.
• Ability to analyze electrical problems, devise, and carry out effective plans for repairing problems.
• Ability to communicate technicalinformation.
• Skill in the practical application of electrical testing devices.
• Ability to troubleshoot and install control circuits and compute electricalformulas.
• Ability to read, to understand, and to interpret electrical plans, complex circuit schematics and blueprints.
• Ability to perform assigned work independently with minimalsupervision.
• Ability to climb ladders, sufficient mobility to perform duties in small spaces by crouching, stooping, or kneeling and physical ability to perform tasks requiring strength and finger dexterity.
• Ability to lift heavy objects to 100 lbs. Anything that appears too awkward and heavy requires getting help to lift. Licensed in Utah, California, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming, Idaho and North Dakota
1863 W. Alexander Street | Salt Lake City, UT 84119 | phone | fax HuntElectric.com Salary and Benefits:
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with relevant experience as well as the responsibilities of the position. The position is eligible for an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, long‐term disability, 401(k) plan, and paid personal time. For consideration, qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: or apply in person at 1863 W. Alexander Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84119. Company Background:
For more than 30 years, Hunt Electric, Inc. has built a rich heritage of providing industry leading services for various commercial, industrial, highway, healthcare, government, data centers, hospitality and institutional projects
throughout the Intermountain West. With seven divisions in‐house, Hunt Electric is proud to serve as the region's most diversified electrical, infrastructure and data/communication contractor. Divisions within Hunt Electric:
Electrical Division / Design‐Build and Engineering Division / Traffic and Infrastructure Division / I.T.S. / Data /Communications Division / Transmission and Distribution Division / Energy Division / Service and Preventative Maintenance Division. From concept to design and construction to facility maintenance after the project is complete; Hunt Electric is the Electrical Contractor of choice. For more information on Hunt Electric please visit our website at or Follow us on LinkedIn. Hunt Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Please note: Submitting a resume to Hunt Electric, Inc. implies that you are interested in a position(s), but does not mean you are an applicant. You are usually not considered an applicant until you have been contacted by a Human Resources representative. Then, you may be asked to begin the designated application process, which may involve an interview and/or job-related testing. Category: Installation & Maintenance , Keywords: Electrical Journeyman
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!