The Aviation Museum of Kentucky is seeking to hire an individual for the position of Museum Director. The deadline for receiving applications is November 15, 2017. Interested candidates should submit their resume and any additional details and materials electronically via email to the museum's Search Committee at or by applying here. 1. MUSEUM OPERATION and ADMINISTRATION
A. Oversees and manages the daily operation of the museum to assure a safe, clean and compelling customer friendly environment.
• Monitors daily status of the facility and exhibits. Provides feedback to volunteers and others, as needed.
• Monitors docent and front desk coverage to assure proper staffing and assists in training.
B. Provides oversight and coordination of the docents and volunteers.
• Becomes aware of docent/volunteer contributions and assists in defining museum priorities for volunteer time/work.
• Coordinates/manages a plan of recognition and positive feedback for docent and volunteer contributions.
C. Coordinates museum planning, development, improvement, special events and member programs.
• Coordinates/manages identification and scheduling of programs of interest for the quarterly programs.
• Coordinates/assists in identifying potential improvements in the overall museum exhibit plan including the potential for new technology, new exhibit categories, increased exhibit interactivity, etc.
D. Leads the museum's Management Committee and chairs its monthly meetings
• Reports to the board on the ongoing status of the committee's activities.
• Assists in the ongoing identification and implementation of 'best business practices' in the operation of the museum including insurance, personnel, facility, financial controls and industry standards. 2. FINANCE
Assists with museum financial transactions and reporting involving admissions, education, exhibits, facility, special events, etc.
• Coordinates/assists in compiling the annual budget plus reporting and monitoring approved expenditures.
• Works with museum treasurer or his designee to assist in interpreting monthly financial reports.
• Assists in approving invoices and working with vendors in resolving any issues.
A. Assumes direct responsibility for the continuation of the aviation camps program.
• Using the existing format and design, annually conduct aviation camps including the scheduling and coordination of teaching staff to ensure the continued success of the Aviation Camps program. This includes serving as the primary liaison to external camp locations.
• Implement the existing aviation camps planning guide and provide monthly status reports as identified therein.
B. Coordinates and assists in producing programs for special interest groups such as scouts, Donovan series, organizations, aviation enthusiasts, the current STEM program, etc.
• Implement middle school STEM programs using the AMK defined curriculum.
• Coordinate with the University of Kentucky to conduct at AMK an annual special interest aviation class under the Donovan Scholar/OLLI series.
4. MARKETING and COMMUNICATION
A. Coordinates marketing of the museum and its programs including the newsletter and a systematic building of relationships with potential community supporters and partners.
Coordinates and manages all marketing activities of the AMK targeting current and prospective members, contributors, volunteers, corporate sponsors and donors, the general public and other significant business community members.
• Takes steps to gain guest input on their museum experience.
• Reports monthly to Management Committee the marketing plans for events and programs.
• Assists in developing/managing a plan of outreach to potential donors
• Participates in community education about the museum with visits to venues throughout Kentucky.
B. Manages the communication with museum membership, volunteers, and others.
• Assists in preparing, publishing and distributing a monthly newsletter to the membership.
• Assists/manage email and other technology to keep shareholders and others up to date on museum events and through effective communication, offer opportunities for others to provide ideas for museum improvement.
• Assists in developing a consistent digital and "social media" strategy.
C. Coordinates and conducts recruitment of docents and volunteers.
• Plan/implement ongoing outreach to various groups and individuals with the goal of adding new and additional docents and volunteers.
5. COLLECTIONS and EXHIBITS
Assists in coordinating the development and management of existing and new collections and exhibits.
• Supports AMK stewardship of collections including their care, interpretation, and documentation.
• Helps facilitate loans and acquisitions to the AMK collections.
• Assists in coordinating improvements to existing collections and exhibits.
• Assists in planning and implementation of new collections and exhibits.
• Coordinates the management of inventory of all museum collections and properties and their preservation. Category: Arts & Entertainment , Keywords: Museum Director
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!