We are excited to announce that we are now an elite member and proud to offer the Post 9/11 GI Bill On-The-Job Training program for veterans and/or family members with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available.
So whether you served our country several years ago or a few days ago, we believe every veteran deserves to work with a team that has your back- and a company that has your future. That's why we don't just take pride in our veterans- we take care of them.
If you're looking for a place to hang your hat, take a closer look at Averitt. Whatever branch you're coming from, whatever knowledge you bring to the table, we can't wait to put your experience to work, and your mind at ease.
In fact we're committed to hiring twelve hundred or more veterans by the year 2020. Nearly 2,000 veterans are already at ease with us and we're always looking to grow that number.
How the On-The-Job Training (OJT) program works:
Must have previously served in the U.S. military or a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please visit or call . It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
Everyone participating in this program will receive 5 weeks behind the wheel training, the remaining 47 weeks you will work with a mentor & leadership for follow-up training/ communication.
Eligible veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs, not Averitt, usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.
Eligible to earn up to \$1,140 per month tax free using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck PLUS up to \$4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!
Military Student Training Program:
* Must have a valid CDL-A with Post 9/11 GI benefits available.
* Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days
OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
* You will be paid \$600/ week for the first 5-weeks of behind the wheel training.
About this dedicated position:
You'll play a vital role in serving multiple customers, keeping it new and exciting on an ongoing basis. Flex drivers work for one account at a time (minimum of one week or until customer's needs are met), then haul another dedicated customer's product. That's what we call flexibility!
Being adaptable to change and having the desire to work with a wide variety of freight are key requirements for these positions. Plus occasionally supporting other Averitt operations when needed; to ensure you'll always be rolling.
* Flex drivers average \$1,100/week
* After 5 weeks OJT training you will start at .41 cpm
* Will only work for 1 account at a time (a minimum of 1 week or until the customer's needs are met) then haul another dedicated customer's product
* Miles will fluctuate depending on which account you are working on.
* Generally home every week - rarely out two weeks.
* Additional stop and unloading pay for some accounts that require unloading (not all accounts)
* Detention pay
* Breakdown pay
* Layover pay
* Paid 4 day orientation in Cookeville, TN with lodging, transportation and all meals provided. (Experienced & Refresher drivers= \$738 orientation pay, Student drivers= \$450 orientation pay.)
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
* Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as
* \$68.75 per week for family
* \$27.90 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
* Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
* Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
* 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
* Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
* Rider program (legal spouse only)
* Company provided professional uniforms
* Profit sharing and 401(k) plans
* Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download to assist with communication & convenience.
* Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face.
* Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
* Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
* Flexible spending accounts
* Wells Fargo banking products
* Wellness programs available
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. BACH_a33d1a
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!