Provide architectural and task leadership for a group of embedded software engineers on a highly dynamic and extremely visible Program. Lead Concept Exploration efforts/discussions with customers / end users. Lead subsequent Proposal activities. Participate in System Requirements analysis and system architecture definition activities. Act as primary liaison to internal LM groups (System Eng, Test, Tech Pubs, etc) and external organizations (subcontractors, customers, users, etc) .
Responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, and integration and flight test.
Responsibilities may span the avionics services, to include ground station development as well as mission systems software technologies. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must have a Secret clearance to start.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science related discipline
* Experience with programming software languages such as C++, Java or a related language
* Experience with object oriented architectures and design (OOA, OOD, or OOA/D)
* Master's Degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or other Science related discipline
Demonstrated experience (14+ years) with the following:
* Service Oriented Architecture development or Distributed Programming
* Software AGILE process
* Development of Real-Time Operating Systems or Usage of Real-Time Systems
* Software Configuration management
* Developing code for Aerodynamic systems or small UAVs/UASs
* Integrating hardware and software
* C#, Python, and/or PERL
Must also demonstrate the following:
* Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
* Strong decision making and judgment
* Oral and written communication skills
* Basic financial and business acumen
* Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
* Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
* Ability to travel
* Experience leading teams and mentoring junior-level team members.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Palmdale California decision or start development RealTime and Project software and BACH_a33d1a
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!