At the Everett Clinic, a DaVita Medical Group, our purpose is simple - do the right thing - for our patients and each other. The philosophy allows us to recruit the best talent and enjoy a reputation as one of the most innovative and high-quality healthcare providers in the country.
Some say we are a medical group, but we like to think we're a large family. Our team cares about our patients and each other. We offer the best in quality care, advanced technologies and quality facilities.
Our Core Values:
* We do what is right for each patient.
* We provide an enriching and supportive workplace.
* Our team focuses on value: service, quality & cost.
The Everett Clinic offers competitive salary, excellent benefits including a retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, health insurance, flexible work schedules and professional growth opportunities. Work with the best. Join our Team.
Overview: Under general supervision, coordinates direct and indirect patient care activities, providing necessary support to the physician and other department staff within established guidelines. Provides quality patient care by assuring a smooth work and patient flow within the department. Acts as liaison between patient/physician and other departments.
Schedule: Friday 7-7pm and every other weekend 9-8pm. Average 22 hours per week.
The first two weeks of training require full time Monday thru Friday, 8am - 5pm. This is not optional. Please ensure you are available to attend training before applying to this position.
* Assesses and evaluates patient care needs.
* Suggests solutions to patient care problems & complaints
* Identifies & recommends solutions to departmental problems
* Assists in assessing departmental function and productivity & recommends changes as necessary
* Assesses patient/family learning needs and coordinates and carries out teaching plan
Planning & Implementation:
* Care Coordination: (Across the continuum of care).
* Responsible for patient case management.
* Coordinates nursing and patient care activities within the department and with other clinical departments in order to provide efficient comprehensive & cost effective patient care.
* This includes working with reception staff to ensure appropriate patient bookings and appointment triage.
* Demonstrates ability to carry out skills as outlined in nursing procedures for clinical areas worked including administration of prescribed medications & treatments in accordance with nursing standards and clinic policy.
* Accepts care assignments according to educational and skill level.
* Procedures specifically include but are not limited to:
* Telephone triage, advising and consultation with patients
* High tech. nursing procedures in the ambulatory care setting
* Nurse managed care or program coordination.
* Patient/Family education
* Utilizes the principles of teamwork inside and outside of his/her department.
* Provides feedback to colleagues & participates in peer review as necessary
* Demonstrates ability to perform self-evaluation, taking responsibility for own professional growth and development.
* Participates in departmental quality improvement programs
* Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions/actions in relation to expected patient outcomes/goals
* Utilizes effective communication strategies in inter-personal relationships with patients, families, physicians, and other health care providers.
* Demonstrates effective/informative charting & written communication.
* Documents patient information in the electronic health record (EPIC) following standard work guidelines
* Communicates problems and concerns to department supervisor as necessary.
* Delegates duties according to patient acuity and the ability and competency of the individual staff member.
* Incorporates the philosophy and objectives of The Everett Clinic into patient care by maintaining an awareness of mission, policies, and procedures.
* Promotes positive, constructive approach to problem solving.
* Promotes positive departmental morale.
* Demonstrates accountability/responsibility for own actions and decisions
* Maintains professional affiliations and continuing education.
* Recognizes and performs other duties which need to be performed although not directly assigned.
* Acts as a role model for his/her peers and other members of the health care team and serves as a resource to others.
* Assists in orientation and education of other clinic staff.
* Serves as a clinical resource
* Attends required meetings & participates in clinic committees
* Demonstrates ability to function effectively in emergency situations
* Assists in the development, revision, and/or updating of clinic policies, protocols and departmental procedure/standards of care or practice
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing and/or BSN
* One year current clinical experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Noted below are the essential responsibilities the job holder must be able to perform satisfactorily to do this job successfully. Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job:
* Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give & evaluate patient care.
* Skill in applying & modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide on-going patient care.
* Critical thinking skills, ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
* Computer skills to include EHR (EPIC), Intranet, Outlook, and Lab and Radiology Information Systems.
* Demonstrates an ability to communicate (verbal & written) and maintain good relationships with medical staff, management, customers, & other departments.
* Knowledge and ability to teach and apply current theories, techniques and practice.
DaVita Medical Group manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Nevada, New Mexico, Florida, Colorado and Washington in its pursuit to deliver excellent-quality health care in a dignified and compassionate manner. As of June 30, 2016 DaVita Medical Group (formerly HealthCare Partners) provided integrated care management for approximately 760,000 patients. DaVita Medical Group's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita Medical Group may be the employer for you.
indirect care coordination Essential the as BACH_a33d1a the the
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!