We are looking for a backend infrastructure Engineering Manager to lead and motivate a team of 4 to 5 software engineers on cross functional dependencies and project priorities for our Marketing Platform team. In addition to participating in architecture, design and development efforts, this individual will also need to hire and mentor team members and help develop their career. This is a hands-on position so ability to code is required. Performing code reviews and providing coding guidance is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of managing small engineering teams
- 2+ years of developing large scale applications with high availability and reliability requirements, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Object oriented design and implementation skills using Java/J2EE, Scala or other OO languages and frameworks.
- Able translate requirements into detailed designs for complex software systems.
- Experience with relational (SQL) databases.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with Git, SVN or other code management systems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred (or equivalent experience)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Spring and Hibernate a plus
- Queueing systems (ActiveMQ, Kafka)
- Parallel processing technologies like Spark and Akka
- PHP applications
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer