*This role is a 2nd shift role, 2:00pm to 10:00pm or 3:00pm-11:00pm*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a MySQL DBA with strong Scripting experience. Candidate will implement data transformation and verification scripts and monitor their execution. Candidate will support MySQL across all production and development, and will support and troubleshoot replicated databases such as user accounts, positions, and statistics.
- Implements Scripting tasks which include data download, extraction, parsing, transformation, loading into databases, copying data between databases, verifying and addressing data synchronization and integrity.
- Participates in database design, monitors database performance, deploys new releases, and completes maintenance requirements.
- Maintains the DB Registry resource database.
- Develops solutions according to design specifications that are thorough, accurate, and conform to development standards.
- Independently researches and resolves complex technical problems.
- Analyzes and recommends technologies and tools to improve efficiency and quality of the data warehousing and management process.
- Self-manages assigned projects to ensure successful completion in designated time frames.
- 4+ years of experience in database management and Scripting
- Advanced level skills with the following languages and/or technologies required:
- Python and Bash Scripting skills are required. C# or Java is a plus.
- MySQL administration. Familiarity with distributed NoSQL database technologies such as Cassandra is a plus.
- Experience with Rundeck or a similar task execution engine is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to write scripts that interface with SOAP and REST web services.
- Appreciation of performance conscious design and tuning principles.