The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
WHAT DOES A CLERK DO? Clerks work in various functional areas within the IRS, therefore your specific duties may vary according to assignments. As a Clerk you will perform various clerical duties such as maintaining records, extracting, sorting, numbering, batching, filing tax returns and related correspondence; receive, open, sort and distribute both incoming and outgoing mail; and screen documents, forms, and letters addressed or routed to various offices.
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION: The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
Positions are located in Wage and Investment, Submission Processing Operations at 333 West Pershing Road Kansas City, MO 64108.
The anticipated start date is January - February 2018.
Monday-Friday 5:00am-1:30pm, 6:30am-3:00pm
Learn more about this agency
As a Clerk, you will:
* Perform various clerical duties such as maintaining records,
extracting, sorting, numbering, batching, and filing tax returns and
* Receive, open, sort and distribute both incoming and outgoing
* Screen documents, forms, and letters addressed or routed to various offices.
* Review and process outgoing mail. Maintain appropriate records
and/or logs for tracking and reconciliation purposes.
* Conduct searches and other follow up action on delayed shipments.
* Examine file materials to identify primary subject matter and
assign proper classification.
* Locate and withdraw file material or information from records to
meet the needs of users.
* Periodically review filed material in the light of ongoing programs or special projects.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at
Who May Apply This job is open to… US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!