See why Food Processing Magazine honored Ecolab Pest Elimination as The Top Pest Management Company! Ecolab is seeking Pest Control Technicians to join its industry leading Pest Elimination team. In this position you will provide timely and cost effective pest detection, elimination and prevention solutions to an established route of commercial customers. You'll provide brand protection to your around-the-clock customers including commercial businesses such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, retail stores, and food and beverage processing plants. Make your service and sales expertise work for you with Ecolab Pest Elimination.
What's in it For You:
- Enjoy a paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Receive a company service vehicle for business use
- Carve out a long term, advanced career path in service, sales, or management
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Grow your income as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of customers and partner with them on best practices to identify and solve pest problems.
- Keep abreast of Ecolab's product/service offerings and industry conditions, to enhance service and sales of pest prevention/elimination solutions.
- Use handheld computerized equipment to manage service and document structural, sanitation and pest issues.
- This position is classified as heavy work
- Candidate must reside in: Lewiston/Portland/Brunswick, Maine area or Dover/Portsmouth/Manchester, NH area
- Route territory will include: Lewiston/Portland/Brunswick, Maine area Dover/Porttmouth/Manchester, NH area
- Work week and shift: M-F - 85% of route is day work & 15% of route is overnight/graveyard work (9/10pm to 5/6am); weekend on-call coverage expectations - cover own route
As an Industry leader, it is no surprise Ecolab offers a world class training program designed to provide the tools and resources for you to be one of the best in your field. During your training program you will be required to travel to Ecolab Corporate Headquarters in Saint Paul, Minnesota for 2 of the 7 weeks. Travel to Saint Paul will be on Week 4 and Week 7. The remaining weeks will be in-field training. Ecolab will arrange and pay for your travel and certain travel related expenses. This position requires successful completion of the 7-week in-field and classroom training program in order to maintain employment.
- Possess High School diploma/GED
- Minimum two years work or military experience
- Possess a valid Driver's License with an acceptable motor vehicle record, and drive and maintain a company vehicle and equipment in clean and proper operating condition.
- Must be able to work a combination route - 85% of route is day work & 15% of route is overnight/graveyard work (9/10pm to 5/6am)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Willingness to be on-call during off work hours and weekends as necessary
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Must have the ability Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 70 pounds chest high.
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear.
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator
- Possess or able to obtain state pest certification & business licensing [pursuant to state law]
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to sell value-added products to existing customers
- Previous pest elimination industry or route experience preferred
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit
Follow us on Twitter , Facebook facebook.com/ecolab , or LinkedIn linkedin.com/company/ecolab .