We're looking for Labor and Delivery RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Galesburg, IL. The right RN should have 3 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
L&D Travel Nurses provide care and support for women before, during and after delivery of a baby. L&D RNs must ensure that the medical as well as emotional needs of their patients are met at all times throughout the birthing process. As an L&D RN, you'll be responsible for assisting physicians when epidurals or pain medications are administered, episiotomies are performed, or when the patient requires preparation for a cesarean delivery.
As an L&D Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
* Stay with and monitor patient throughout labor.
* Monitor contractions and help patients with breathing techniques.
* Check cervix periodically to monitor progression/lack of dilation.
* Ensure beds are kept clean and dry; clean up bodily fluids expelled before and after birthing process.
* Aid physician with drapes, gloves, gowns, delivery instruments, etc.
* Immediate care of newborn.
L&D Travel Nurses should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as bend, lean and stoop without difficulty. RNs should be able to easily lift 20 pounds. Moving or lifting of patients may require lifting of up to 50 pounds at times. Because of the fast-paced environment, L&D RNs must possess good skills for coping with stress and be able to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds.
3 years experience is required
LD emotional following cervix in care women or BACH_a33d1a
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!