Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory: blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, and serology/immunology as needed.
- Responsible for performing high-complexity testing.
- Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Performs quality control procedures and instrument maintenance checks.
- Has knowledge and ability to perform test validation, calibration and correlation studies.
- Understands the statistical reports for quality control and how to apply corrective action for test results that are out of acceptable control ranges.
Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed within this position.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
- Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) ASCP registered.
Associated topics: medical, medical laboratory science, microbiology, scientist, services, sterile processing technician, technician ii, technician lab, technician laboratory, technologist