Position InformationWorking Title00693 - Assistant Director of Utilities & Building Repair (REPOST)Role TitleTrades Manager I - 79035Job Open Date12/04/2017Job Close Date12/30/2017Open Until FilledNoIs this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?NoHiring Range$42, 892 - 105,811 (Based on starting pay practices)AgencyNorfolk State University (213)Agency Website
LocationNorfolk - 710Sublocation
Position Number00693Job Posting NumberType of RecruitmentGeneral Public - GDoes this position have telework options?NoBilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/PreferenceNoJob TypeFull-Time (Salaried)Job Type DetailFull-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1Pay Band05Job Description **Reposted -previous applicants need not reapply. Norfolk State University's (NSU) Department of Facilities Management provides a campus environment that is conducive to working and learning through systematic maintenance, repair, and renovation and construction of campus buildings, facilities, and infrastructure. The department seeks applications of qualified applicants to serve as the Assistant Director of Utilities & Building Repairs. Incumbent, reporting directly to the Director of Facilities, can expect the following duties and responsibilities: 1. Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate maintenance of building mechanical systems to include the electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems.
2. Supervises, directs and evaluates assigned staff engaged in maintenance and repair activities.
3. Monitors work orders, cost accounting, project status, and ensures compliance with standardized Federal, State and University metrics.
4. Manage the low voltage campus systems, including electronic locks, emergency call boxes, and fire safety.
5. Make daily inspections of buildings for compliance with environmental, health and safety standards which includes monitoring areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, elevators, roofs, building access systems and other infrastructure systems.
6. Establish building maintenance inspections and preventative maintenance schedules for subordinates.
7. Provide monthly feedback to staff and management with reports on building status and condition.
8. Conduct regular meetings with subordinates and discuss operational concerns.
9. Coordinate logistical considerations and ensures the success of ongoing facility projects.
10. Manages diversified objectives and applies knowledge of building maintenance, construction and renovations, in efforts to enable the effective and safe use of the facility.
11. Works closely with mechanical/electrical engineer in implementing Energy Savings Initiatives.
12. Reviews and evaluates with Capital Planning, mechanical plans and specifications prepared by architectural and engineering firms to determine compliance with sound professional practices and established standards, codes and regulations; reviews requirements for plumbing, sewage, water supply, electrical and electronic equipment, elevators, air conditioning, heating and ventilating systems (HVAC), for proposed and existing structures.
13. Helps prepare annual budget and is responsible for identifying matters needing emergency attention. EEO Statement
NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. Minimum Qualifications 1. Considerable knowledge of building and facility maintenance, and the inspection, repair, and management of such.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of energy management and control systems related to building automation and central plant systems.
3. Considerable knowledge of mechanical systems, piping, plumbing, HVAC systems, electrical systems, and building access programs and systems.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of vendor and contractor requisition systems and processes.
5. Demonstrated skill in reading schematics, blueprints, and various building structure diagrams and layouts in efforts to ascertain the status of, and repair and maintain basic and complex buildings and infrastructures.
6. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and convey matters to large diverse audiences (students/staff/faculty/contractors/vendors), and provide quality customer service.
7. Demonstrated ability to monitor and maintain quality control standards.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise varying levels of staff and trade workers.
9. Experience in building, housekeeping, and facilities management in a similar management capacity at or above a supervisory or coordinator level.
10. Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, building construction, facility management, or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities. Preferred Qualifications 1. Working knowledge of Commonwealth of Virginia procurement standards and processes
2. Previous experience managing large multiple buildings and facilities, for college/university, local municipality, or state/federal government agency. Special Requirements 1. Applicants may show interest by fully completing in its entirety and submitting electronically, the Commonwealth of Virginia Application for Employment. Candidates who do not include all information on the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration. 2. NSU conducts background checks on all candidates identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form. Special Instructions to Applicants 1. Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material. 2. Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications. 3. A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the "Job Close Date." 4. Applicants who list "see resume" or "see Curriculum Vitae" in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration. Contact InformationNameOffice of Human ResourcesPhoneFaxFAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.EmailEMAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED.Address MAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTED. Category: Engineering , Keywords: Utility Director
View All Jobs at
Spread the word...
Share This Job on social-media below...
Remember to tell them, you found this job on Jobmatic.com
Report this Job!