Smithfield Foods is Hiring Corporate Tax Seniors in Smithfield, VA
Relocation Assistance Available - Apply Now
From our small town beginning in Smithfield, Virginia, Smithfield Foods has grown into a global food company with a presence in 12 countries. Regardless of the size and scope of our business, we always conduct ourselves with respect for our animals, communities, customers, employees and the environment.
Smithfield Foods brings good food to families and friends around the world in a responsible manner. Although you might not be familiar with the Smithfield name, you probably know one or more of our well-loved brands, including Smithfield, Eckrich, Farmland, Armour, Cook's, Gwaltney, John Morrell, Kretschmar, Curly's, Carando, Margherita and Healthy Ones.
The Corporate Tax Senior will prepare the Company's Federal and State income tax returns. The individual will assist with the preparation of the Company s ASC 740 matters on an annual basis, and other projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of full-time tax experience in large corporate tax department or Big 4 firm preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of U.S. and State income tax laws
- Basic knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting for income taxes
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of CorpTax Compliance System, SAP, and reporting software
- Must be able to travel 5% of the time
Be Part of Smithfield Foods Today!