Summary EVENT SPECIALIST PART TIME SALES
Are you outgoing, friendly and enjoy meeting new people? Our part time Event Specialist jobs are fun and exciting and could be a great fit for you! Join our winning team as a retail demonstrator promoting best in class products at your local retailers. You can be the brand ambassador who excels in captivating an audience during in-store events, with an emphasis on brand awareness, product demonstration and sales. The in-store demonstrator is responsible for reviewing program materials, set up and break down of the work area, and the preparation and sampling of products on scheduled event days. Take this chance to join the largest sales and marketing agency in North America, Advantage Solutions, where you will receive top-notch training and competitive pay rates.Have a question?
Text \"Jobs\" to 313-###-####
- Set up, break down, product preparation and sampling during in-store demonstrations
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales
- Assess customers individual usage needs and interests in order to best recommend products
- Timely complete of all call reports, paperwork, and on-going personal training by required deadlines
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent job-related experience
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting
- Stand comfortably for up to 6 hours a day
- Able to work independently and as a motivated team player
- Ability to work a part-time retail schedule, Monday through Sunday
- Minimal travel required for training or other scheduled events
- Daily access to a PC computer with internet/email access
Advantage Solutions is one of North America s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Promotional Sales Specialist is the primary in store and product ambassador and the key to our In Store Event programs. As a Promotional Sales Specialist, the associate will be expected to create a dynamic and memorable experience for consumers by generating strong consumer engagement and using a proactive approach to promoting and selling the product they are representing. The Promotional Sales Specialist is expected to have deep knowledge of the product they are representing and the unique ability to invite shoppers in to the In Store Event experience to create engagement. Candidates must be flexible in the way they engage consumers. The position may perform a wide range of activities including physically setting up, maintaining, and breaking down their demonstration areas; actively conducting product promotion through vibrant engagement with consumers; knowledgeable and effective product demonstration; product sales, and light merchandising in and around their In Store Event area. Products may include, but are not limited to: consumer electronics, food, alcoholic beverages, health and wellness, beauty products and other non-food items.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Product Promotion and Sales
- Engage consumers in a professional and memorable manner which creates a positive shopper experience and generates enthusiasm for the product and the event
- Purposefully move around the event area to actively engage shoppers (within 25 feet of the event station if any) (while remaining attentive to event safety considerations and professionalism) and enthusiastically invite them to participate in the event experience
- May be required to move around within 10 feet of event area with product in hand in a butler-like / roving fashion as part of the event experience
- Promote the product being featured through education, use of the product, demonstration of the features and benefits, and/or distribution of product samples.
- Communicate the primary selling points and convey other messages for the product and encourage the shopper to purchase.
- Develop positive relationships with store management and foster good will by consistently meeting or exceeding engagement expectations and sales expectations (if and as applicable) and fostering customer goodwill.
- Seamlessly integrate into the store s shopper culture and become an extension of the store team in the consumer s eye
- Understand and work to support the store s engagement goals
Event Set-up, Maintenance, and Breakdown (if applicable)
- Set up and breakdown of promotional In Store Event area.
- Push cart and promotional signage from storage to event area and assemble with near the product display. Carry appliances, other equipment, product, samples, and supplies to and place at event area, retrieve and replenish product, samples, and supplies as needed.
- Must maintain promotional area is in a manner that is inviting, clean, organized, and set up according to instructions provided; and where necessary, in compliance with food safety requirements and regulations.
- Return cart, signage, supplies, appliances, and other equipment provided for the promotion to identified storage location at end of event. On occasions where food sampling or preparation is involved, all items are properly cleaned/sanitized as necessary.
- Complete review of all assigned training materials sometime prior to event day
- While in-store, study product materials to develop product knowledge and any necessary skills for product usage
- While in-store, develop and practice a sales pitch/promotional script sometime prior to beginning an event day
- Timely and accurately complete call reports and time records (by 10a.m. of the day after the event is completed)
- Participate in calls with Supervisor/others as needed
- Review event schedule once a week
- Check voice mails and emails daily
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing or Sales.
- Preference of at least one (1) years of substantive experience in product promotion, event marketing, retail sales or product demonstration experience.
- Satisfactory completion of background check/drug testing subject to applicable law
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work flexible hours when necessary
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation. Must be comfortable engaging with the public and be able to create engaging and positive shopper experience, while remaining professional in doing so.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships with store managers and shoppers
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Must have ability to effectively communicate with and respond to consumers and educate them on product benefits, selling points, features, pricing, and choices; including ability to speak clearly using a pleasant and courteous tone.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently to achieve goals while also being able to operate as part of a team.
- Dependable and reliable
- Operates with integrity
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to embrace constructive feedback
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to stand and move throughout event area to actively engage consumer and create a positive shopper experience
- Knowledge of food safety policies and procedures
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Internet usage
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Work is performed in a retail in-store or warehouse environment..... click apply for full job details