HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital is now hiring OT Team Lead
The Therapy Team leader assists the Director of Therapy Operations in day to day operations of the Occupational Therapy team. The position requires:
- Effective supervisory skills along with good communication skills for interdepartmental relationships.
- Competency in licensed discipline evaluation, assessment, care planning and treatment.
- Program development and champion
- Task delegation and supervision of therapist, therapy assistants and technicians.
- Assisting with staffing, scheduling, orientation, training and communications to provide adequate coverage for patient treatments.
- Maintaining open and on-going communication with hospital departments to ensure patient, staff, and hospital needs are met.
- Providing patient care in licensed discipline 50% of work hours.
The Therapy Team Leader helps create an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by meeting or exceeding its goals, conveying the hospital mission to all staff, holding staff accountable for performance, motivating staff to improve performance and being responsible for the operation of the department, measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of the department's performance.
The Team Leader creates an environment and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by helping staff to improve their clinical skills, and overall performance, through staff development and mentoring. This position will support cultural diversity by ensuring that the delivery of quality, equitable and culturally competent patient-centered care is provided; promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity; and ensuring that cultural diversity and sensitivity training is part of new employee orientation on an on-going basis to meet the needs of the patient population served in the hospital.
Keywords: Occupational Therapist, OTD, MOT, OTR/L, OT
Job Code: 100019
License or Certification:
- Must have current state license or certification
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital policy.
Education, Training and Experience
- Successful completion of a Master's degree or higher from an accredited therapy program
- A minimum of three years discipline specific or leadership experience required, with no less than 2 years clinical experience.
- Active on Therapy Clinical Ladder (when eligible) or specialty professional certification, preferred.
Address: 7000 Jefferson Northeast, Albuquerque 87109
Shift: Day Job
Associated topics: cht, certified occupational therapy assistant, cota, ffs, occupational, occupational therapist, occupational therapist ot, therapist, therapist ot