Job ID: 225926 Registered Nurse Cardiac Telemetry, Progressive Care Unit Full Time Nights, Saint Thomas Rutherford Murfreesboro, Tennessee Regular/Night
Additional Job Information
Title: RN - Cardiac Telemetry
City, State: Murfreesboro,TN
Location: Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital
Department: Med Surg 7E
Additional Job Details: FT Nights
7:00pm-7:00am, weekend work required.
Provides care and monitoring for cardiac patients, stroke patients and patients requiring a Progressive Care bed.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Care for post heart catherization patients, post pacemaker patients based on established protocols under the direction of a physician(s).
- Care for patients that have an irregular heart beat/rate and require IV cardiac medications based on established protocols under the direction of a physician(s).
- Care for acute stroke patients based on established protocols under the direction of a physician(s).
- Provides patient and caregivers/family members with education concerning the patient's plan of care, medications, activity restrictions and disease prevention.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: A. Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life.B. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life.C. Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.D. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.E. Creativity - Courageous Innovation.F. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Assesses and coordinates discharge planning needs with patient, family, and members of the healthcare team. All other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates with participating healthcare providers to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition \"Compact State\" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Clinical nursing experience within the past 5 years preferred.
How To Apply
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-###-####.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Associated topics: care, ccu, coronary, hospice, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, recovery, staff nurse, tcu